Senior Tax Advisor
Bachelor of Science, University of Delaware
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Career Overview & Experience
Scott Somerville is the Senior Tax Advisor for SB & Company, LLC (SBC) and has spent more than 35 years in public accounting. Before joining SBC, Scott was the partner-in-charge of the Baltimore Tax Practice and later became the Managing Partner at Arthur Andersen, LLP (Andersen). After Andersen, Scott continued his career as a Tax Partner and Market Leader at Ernst & Young, LLP (E&Y) until joining SBC.
Scott brings extensive large firm experience, deep technical knowledge and an exceptional client service mentality to help clients solve the most complex issues. Scott has provided tax planning and compliance services to start-up technology and life sciences organizations as well as global companies. Scott has a stellar reputation for achieving positive business results within the tax area helping companies in their planning, compliance and financial statement tax accounting across multiple industries including technology, government contractors, manufacturing, and distribution entities. Scott has significant experience advising clients on merger and acquisition transactions, and tax accounting methods elections to achieve the greatest tax savings.
Scott also teaches several courses at the University of Delaware in Accounting and Tax.
- Former President of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Council Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Treasurer of the Maryland Science Center
- Board Member of Center Stage
- Budget Committee Chair for The O’Neil Foundation
- Former President of Associated Catholic Charities of Maryland
- Former President of the Maryland Heart Association
In His Spare Time…
Scott travels with his wife, often combining biking and other sports activities and spends time with his grandchildren.