Partner, Not-for-Profit Audit Practice Leader
Bachelor of Science, Hampton University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Career Overview & Experience
Monique is a founding partner at SB & Company, LLC and has over 20 years of experience in public accounting. Monique is a former senior manager with Arthur Andersen, LLP’s Baltimore Practice where she performed audits for not-for-profit entities, colleges and universities, state and local government, commercial organizations and public companies throughout the country.
Monique has two roles within SBC. First, as Quality Assurance Partner, she is in charge of audit quality and implementation of new auditing standards. Second, she serves as the firm’s Nonprofit Industry Leader leading the charge to provide technical guidance and grow the practice, expand service offerings and provide training on industry updates and changes. She has served clients with revenue that ranges from $3 million to $2 billion across industries. Her clients have included colleges and universities and foundations, state and local governments and public companies in the entertainment industries.
- Maryland Nonprofits
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Not-for-Profit Section
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- The Institute of Internal Auditors
- National Grants Management Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Standards, Board Member
- Planned Parenthood Maryland, Board of Directors
- Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland, Board of Directors
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC), Board Member
In Her Spare Time…
Monique sits on several boards, is on the AICPA Standards Board and oversees SBC’s nonprofit group…jokingly says, “what spare time?”. But, she does like to spend her weekends with her family which includes two teenagers and travel when time allows.