Enterprise-Wide Risk Management
Companies must be responsive to global economic issues, with the understanding that markets will change and new opportunities will emerge. The importance of forward-looking risk assessment as they evaluate strategies, business models, and assumptions cannot be overstated. Enterprise-wide risk management helps companies evaluate uncertainties and create, optimize, and protect their unique portfolios of strategic assets.
We will help you identify the strategic assets vulnerable to exposures and uncertainties, and evaluate the sources of uncertainty affecting those assets, including financial and physical assets, customer assets (customer portfolio, channels), employee/supplier assets, and organizational assets (distinctive brands, innovative processes and information systems).
Benefits of SBC’s Services
- Balance risk-taking activities and opportunity seeking behaviors during challenging times of rapid change
- Identify gaps between the actual risks taken that expose strategic assets and the desired risk exposure levels so that proactive actions can be taken to effectively manage and minimize those gaps
- Identify improvement opportunities, such as:
- Optimize and protect enterprise value through more effective strategic asset risk management
- Enable more informed, balanced choices of alternative business opportunities
- Improved organizational controls
- Improved governance by establishing responsibility, authority, and accountability for managing critical business risks at their source
- Better aligned capabilities with risk management strategy and policy
- Improved ability to articulate risk profile and risk management capabilities
- Improved transparency to increase confidence of investors, customers, employees, suppliers, and other stakeholders
Why Do You Need Our Services?
Common Indicators Can Include:
• Revenue growth, margins, and profits decrease
• You have geographic diversity, decentralized management structure, or a diversified product portfolio
• You have been exposed to surprises and unexpected losses
• There is significant reliance on the viability of customers, employees, suppliers and other stakeholders
• There are substantial changes in operating capabilities, e.g. Staff reductions, other “right” sizing, etc.
• Aggressive stakeholders heighten interest in board governance and oversight
• You have limited ability to articulate critical business risks and organizational capabilities to effectively manage them
• You have limited change readiness capabilities