SBC Gives Back
Our commitment to service, teamwork, and integrity extends well beyond our office walls. Consistent with our mission, vision, and core values, SBC staff are involved in community efforts and charitable initiatives throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Starting at the top, every one of our partners and leaders actively serve on the boards of various nonprofit organizations and industry organizations. As a successful organization, it is our responsibility to encourage every SBC professional to make our communities better by volunteering, building relationships, leading organizations, contributing and make a difference in areas where they are passionate.
Throughout the year, SBC organizes volunteer and fundraising teams to support community organizations during work hours. We are proud to strengthen the communities in which we live and serve, while developing a team of caring, committed professionals, dedicated to providing support for others.
BINGO with the Arc of Baltimore
More than a dozen volunteers from SB & Company, LLC spent the afternoon at Arc of Baltimore’s Dundalk location, hosting BINGO, brightening the day for The Arc’s patrons.
Maryland State Police Polar Bear Plunge to support Special Olympics of Maryland
SBC’s team of plungers braved the icy January waters of the Chesapeake to raise more than $1,500 for the Special Olympics of Maryland, which provided athletes with training and equipment necessary to compete.
Baltimore Station provides counseling, shelter, and meals to veterans facing addiction and homelessness. SBC’s volunteer team organized a personal care supplies drive to donate, and spent a day at the facility, preparing and distributing meals.
Junior Achievement of Central Maryland
The Junior Achievement’s bowl-a-thon has become a staple annual event for SBC. Every year, more and more SBC team members raise money and have fun bowling, to support kindergarten-12th grade work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy programs.
Throughout the year, we provide volunteer and monetary support to many other organizations, and are always searching for new partnerships and opportunities that positively impact our communities.
Other organizations our members support include:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Arc of Baltimore
- Associated Catholic Charities of Maryland
- Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland
- Baltimore Medical Systems
- Baltimore Station
- Ben’s Chili Bowl Foundation
- Best Buddies
- Big Brother/Big Sister
- Black Professional Men
- Boys and Girls Club of America
- Caribbean Community (CARICOM)
- Carson Scholars Fund
- Center Stage
- Community Academy Public Charter School
- Creating Communities
- Fingerprints Child Development Center
- Greater Baltimore Committee for DC, FL, PA, and VA
- Greater Washington Urban League
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hospice of the Chesapeake
- Junior Achievement of Central Maryland
- Junior Achievement of South Florida
- Keswick Multi-Care Center and Foundation
- Leadership – Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Maryland, Greater Washington, South Florida
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk
- Maryland Heart Association
- Maryland Science Center
- Mid Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue
- Missing of Hope International, Inc.
- National Association for Female Executives
- National Eagle Scout Association
- O’Neil Foundation
- Planned Parenthood of Maryland
- Race for the Cure
- Rays of Hope Scholarship
- Special Olympics of Maryland
- Veronica’s Headstart
- U Street Theatre Foundation
- United Way of Central Maryland
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- YMCA of Central Maryland Headstart Advisory Council
- Young Life Harford County
- Youth Power Center