College students: no need to wait until senior year to get to know us! We want to meet you as early as your sophomore year in order to provide you with the information and insights you need. Our professionals would be happy to talk to you about how they got started and the types of experiences they enjoyed as they became full-time SBC staff.
The Hiring Process
Our process starts with fall campus recruitment, where the goal is to meet with us to learn about our firm and our open opportunities.
The first step in the process is relationship building: regardless of whether we have a specific event scheduled, we welcome you to connect with our Director of Recruiting , Tina Price, at any time. She is very interested in speaking with you about your interests and skill set.
Our interview sessions occur primarily during the fall campus recruitment season, September through November. Our in-house process includes separate interviews with members of our leadership team. We hope you’ll enjoy meeting our professionals and learning about our firm culture.
Here are some preparation tips to help put your best foot forward and build confidence:
- Ensure that your resume includes your major, your expected date of graduation, your leadership experiences, and your current GPA.
- Be prepared to share your experiences with your interviewers.
- Ask questions that will help you make an effective evaluation between the various firms and showcase your analytical skills at the same time.
- Read about our firm in advance and if possible, connect with current SBC professionals who will share insights.
- Connect with us on social media!
University of Baltimore Intern
“At first I was nervous and second guessing myself, but when I came in and I saw my welcome on the lobby monitor, I started to feel better about things. When I started talking to people, they were very friendly and this was very comforting. Receiving a response very quickly helped ease my anxiety!”
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Intern
“I liked that they explained the process and that they really seemed interested in making the process run smoothly. Once my interviews started, they didn’t make me feel like I was being interviewed; it felt like we were having a conversation…..and this boosted my confidence!”