Partner, Public Sector Practice Leader
Bachelor of Science, Towson University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
Career Overview & Experience
William Seymour is a founding partner at SB & Company, LLC and heads up SBC’s public sector industry group. Before joining SBC, Bill was at Arthur Andersen, LLP in the Mid-Atlantic state and local government and employee benefit plan practices.
Bill brings extensive experience working with mid-sized to large multibillion-dollar government entities. Bill is a GFOA certificate reviewer and is active in the industry, attending many GFOA, MDGFOA, GFOA-PA, AICPA, and MACPA events. He has testified on proposed government accounting standards to GASB.
Additionally, Bill has taught at MDGFOA courses and is a frequent speaker on industry-related topics. Bill is a former member of the AICPA Government Quality Center Executive Team, a former member of its Employee Benefit Plan Quality Center Executive Team and an adjunct Professor at Towson University.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Former AICPA State and Local Government Quality Center Executive Committee
- Former member of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Quality Center Executive Committee
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Government Finance Officers Association of Pennsylvania
- Maryland Government Finance Officers Association – Trainer
- GFOA Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Reviewer
In His Spare Time…
In his spare time, Bill is actively involved with his kids’ sports (football/cheerleading/basketball/lacrosse), likes to spend time with his family, deep sea fishing, working on cars and traveling with his wife.